Monday, October 23, 2006

Vineyard Music

I really appreciate Vineyard Music for a variety of reasons but the one I would like to mention is their amazing giftedness in guiding a listener towards the desire for worship. By worship I mean the actual heart felt motivation to enter into worship. Wow! I feel like the edge of what there doing is far reaching and by that I mean I actually sense Gods heart for other nations in the sounds & songs. Speaking of Gods fathers heart I would like to turn to another topic...

Wild at Heart - Discovering the Secret of a Man's Soul by John Eldredge

I would highly recommend this book for any searching guys out there. It covers a variety of topics involved in men's ministry but specifically it takes a stab at a stonghold present in our culture today - antimasculinity.

Other great books qouted in Wild at Heart is Gordon Dalby's Healing the Masculine Soul and Christina Hoff Sommers' The War Against Boys. The subtle but very effective bondages present in our society today has emasculated men and ultimately wounded many women as well. Wow that sounds weighty but I really feel that it needs to be talked about. Peace.

No comments: