Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thee Hoolies

Regina bands. Regina Bands.

-

Library Voices is a better show over all but tonight's performance was a step in the right direction for these guy's. The set started off strong but sorta lagged out a bit in the second half then ended on way too subtle a tenure for me. Bands should peak during the final moments of a set and leave the audience still in touch with the songs and the delivery thereof and not stepping stage left before the second last song is concluded. Over all an interesting experience...

+

The spinach and feta pie was a treat at O'Hanlon's and so was the bands drummer Matt Palmier. This band has a routine of instrument trading between songs that I'm not a big fan of but the song's Matt sang on were on the money. Alot of bubbling below consciousness of the performance that sorta sprung up during the emotional moments of certain songs...work and arrangement was there that kept me interested as well as some nice guitar work.

Guitars. The lazy man's instrument.

Someone told me this week that guitar players are a dime a dozen! Oh no!!!!

My thought's: bad one's are.

2 comments:

Bill Stevenson said...

So... I'm only worth 1/12 of a dime? 1/12?

EternaLee said...

I'm lazy.