Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Another Day

Well I had a great day. It was Derek Condon's birthday today not to mention a really sunny and interesting day. A day filled with friends, movies, music, books, food, malls, computers, and cars. I had a coffee later in the evening of the day and thought about sad things but also about how I primarily have a joy filled life because of days like this. I'm trying to "forget what lay's behind me and focus on what lies ahead" but days like this make sense to me in a way that I want to remember where I am coming from. I like being me on days like this. Here's a poem...

A day

It was a day like this when you where born
A day that felt an angel's scorn
For love had found an anchor hold
Upon my heart forever sold
A hand that's open in the breaze
The wind of love upon it's knees
To touch the cheek so filled with wine
Dulling senses, stopping time
I'm coming home I'm coming home
A voice so gentle on the phone
A day of love a day alone
A day of knowing God unknown

I'm prone to being creative when I have extra time. haha

No comments: