Friday, September 22, 2006

...

I just felt like writing. I'm not saying that I have alot to say right now but I feel like communicating some thoughts. First of all: is all that people fear in the world besides war, terrorism, hell and death really worth the energy worrying about? I do so many things out of a sense of either compassion or emotional driveness that I lose the sense of meaning in my life amidst the work of living. Not that compassion isn't always good...

The Work of Living: Here's a thought. I'm so hard on myself somedays that I am almost certain I'm self employed. I've worked for different people in the past and have learned that it's a hard way to live. Employment I mean. An employer has to be somewhat hard on an employee in order to justify the function of his said position especially in business or production based organizations, I wonder what working for the government would be like? There is an unatural dictatorship behind employment and if you live and work alone or for yourself life can get unusually self critical. But it can be really fun too and I think I'm made for this type of lifestyle, the self motivated style I mean. I feel free and very Canadian waking up in the morning to a blank canvass of a day and a palet full of liberty and opportunity. It's an easy way to write alot of music as well.

No comments: