Sunday, September 24, 2006

Why Try and Hide!



Here's a holla back to all the "Jars" fans out there. This a is a must listen for all of you! Cool use of diversity of moods with alot of mellow moments to relax in or you can dance around to the loud distorted highs. My present favorette track has to be "Dead Man (carry me) " I love it. It has a monster inside type of theme throughout the album which I really relate to.

This is a song I wrote over the summer that has alot of personal meaning for a place of the heart I think alot of people may be finding themselves visiting from time to time.

Monster James Holland

I’m alone so it won’t moan and in a cage I’ve locked it
It escaped in my failure to shoot down an invader
But I love it in my own way and I live out the remainder
In a small place inside me my bomb shelter chamber

Why try and hide the monster inside
I’m licking its boot but it’s planning to shoot
With violent hands the innocent man
You made out of me and bury him at sea

To the Jesus I can’t see, to the Jesus in world now
In it’s own way it fights you but I’m standing right beside you
It devoured my world view while I stared right through you
While a lion is laying with a lamb it’s been preying

And I’d let it out of its cage
But it’s painted with rage
I seen its eyes in the night
Then you've been torn from sight

Oh My God Jars of Clay

Sometimes I cannot Forgive and these days mercy cuts so deep, if the world was how it should be maybe I could get some sleep, while I lay I dream we're better, scales where gone and faces lighter, when we wake we hate our brother we still move to hurt each other, sometimes I can close my eyes and all the fear that keeps me silent falls below my heavy breathing what makes me so badly bent? We all have a chance to murder we all feel the need for wonder, we still want to be reminded that the pain is worth the plunder, sometimes when I lose my grip I wonder what to make of heaven, all the times I thought to reach up all the times I had to give, babies underneath there beds hospitals that cannot treat, all the wounds that money causes all the comforts of cathedrals, all the cries of thirsty children this is our inheritence, all the rage of watching mothers this is our greatest offence.

Oh My God

No comments: